The section exists "To provide Human Resource Management Services to the Department."
In order to achieve the above purpose, the section carries out the following functions:
- The recruitment, training and retention of employees for the Department of Human Resource Management (DHRMD)
- The administration of salaries, terminal benefits and death gratuities
- The maintenance and updating of staff records
- Establishment control of the department
- The preparation of annual budget estimates for personal emoluments
- Handling of grievances and disciplinary cases
- The interpretation of Government regulations and ensure adherence to same.