The purpose of this unit is "To Administer and review Human Resource policies and conditions of service."
To achieve the above purpose the unit carries out the following functions:
- The initiation, review and monitoring of the application of conditions of service, policies, systems and procedures to ensure consistency in the public service
- The setting and monitoring of standards in the management of Human Resource, including the interpretation of regulations to ensure quality service delivery by public service
- The co-ordination of matters relating to expatriate/volunteer technical assistance to Malawi to ensure that the benefits derived from such assistance are maximized
- The provision of advice in managing employment relationship
- The development of career/schemes of service to rationalise career, pay, promotions as well as training arrangements for each cadre within the public service
- The provision of recruitment, selection services to the Department of Human Resource Management and Development (DHRMD)(including Staff Development Institute) to ensure that it is staffed with the right personnel.