Providing management with a system, which can identify and monitor the efficiency and effectiveness of the Ministry/Department; how efficiently the resources are being used and to what extent the objectives are being met.
In order to achieve the above purpose the unit carries out the following functions;
- Facilitating performance management activities in MDAs.
- Processing performance-related contracts.
- Determine salary relativities of employees in the public bodies.
- Advise Government on determination of equivalences of grades and remuneration scales in public bodies.
- Study trends on remuneration pertaining to private sector with the view of recommending ways of closing gap between employees in private and public sectors.
- Receive and consider remuneration proposals from public bodies and make recommendations.
- Continuously review remuneration and conditions of service for the employees in the public bodies and make recommendations to the Government.
- The development and monitoring of performance management framewor.k
- The administration of performance rewards.
- The maintenance of a performance management database.
- The provision of technical advice and assistance on performance management issues.